Home | Our Services | Our Services | Our Services | Meet the Doctor | Newsletter | Insurance | Directions | Patient Resources | Contact Us | New Page Title

SUN VALLEY MEDICAL CLINIC (Adults 18 yrs and above)

On this page, you will meet the rest of the clinic staff.

Also, we  shall post seminars in the area , which pertains to your health and related issues.

Some questions pertaining to common health problems will also be addressed here.

Upon arrival in our clinic, you might meet either Ruby or Carmen , both of whom are medical assistants. Carmen is a mother of 3 who have worked in the medical field for over 20 years. Ruby used to rotate here for her MA externship. They are both very caring and diligent which are qualities that are not easy to find.
At this time, we also have a medical assistant, Lorena, who works at the back office.

Events or Seminars

Ask the Doctor
Question: What should I do about heartburn?
Answer: If it's pretty mild or infrequent, try some over-the-counter antacids first such as Mylanta or Maalox. You can also try OTC Pepcid or Zantac or Tagamet which are also known as H2 receptor blockers. If this becomes a recurrent problem however, modifying one's diet can also help. Avoiding spicy and greasy foods can help. Likewise, avoiding caffeine containing beverages is also a good idea. If these don't work, then maybe you need prescription strength H2 blockers or proton pump inhibitors (ie Protonix, Prilosec, Aciphex, Prevacid, Nexium). Prilosec had recently been made available over the counter so you can probably get this easily.
            It is important to remember that uncontrolled heartburn (also known as
GERD for gastroesophageal reflux disease) can lead to Barrett's Esophagus which
can in turn, transform into Esophageal Cancer. This is especially true if you are over 50 y/o. Hence do not  ignore this symptom if it is unrelenting. If medications you've tried do not work, perhaps it is time for you to see your doctor.

Our Medical Practice* Any Street * Anytown * US * 01234